Lenin - Vladimir Ilici Ulianov
Lenin is part of the twentieth century history if we want it or not. He died in 1924 but his ideas about transition from capitalism to socialism using the proletariat dictature - communist terror - are still a problem today.
Lenin's personnel and philosophical solutions were generated by a set up of earlier events in his life and by his temperament.
Vladimir Ilici Ulianov was born in 1870. His father Ilia Nicolaevici mathematics and physic professor - graduated at Kazan University, superintendent for Simbirsk county - received from czarist government, for his outstanding services in education, the order "Saint Vladimir third class" which gave him and his children, a hereditary nobility rank. Ulianov was only 12 years old than.
His mother Maria Alexandrova Blank - daughter of medical doctor Blank (Jew) had a great education. She was knowledgeable of universal literature, French, English and music.
When Ulianov was 17 years old his brother Alexander was condemned and executed by hanging for a terrorist attack at the czar Alexander the Third life.
Ulianov was arrested for the first time at seventeen
Ulianov studied the Marx "Das Kapital" and other socialist works and decided to become a revolutionary. He studied law at Petersburg University and soon after graduation he gave up the lawyer practice and focused on revolutionary activities. He was exiled to Siberia (1897-1900).
In exile he met Plehanov and famous socialists of the time. In Siberia he wrote "The development of Capitalism in Russia" (1899).
This was the beginning of many articles that culminated in 1917 with conclusion that: "The suppression of the bourgeois state by the proletarian state is impossible without a violent revolution." This is a quote from "The State and Revolution" where Lenin in 1917 explained that a violent revolution and the dictatorship of proletariat in the new state is the way to socialism and communism.
Vladimir Ulianov's violent character was the mold of his revolutionary destiny under the Lenin pen name.
The twentieth century history was written with blood of two World Wars and too many socialist experiments inspired by
|Vldimir Ilici Ulianov - Lenin quotes: |
- One man with a gun can control 100 without one.
- We need the real, nation-wide terror which reinvigorates the country and through which the Great French Revolution (Paris Commune 1871) achieved glory.
- There is no morals in politics, there is only expedience. A scoundrel may be of use to us just because he is a scoundrel.
- The best way to destroy the capitalist system is to debauch the currency.
- A lie told often enough becomes truth.
- Without a revolutionary theory there cannot be a revolutionary movement.
- It is true that liberty is precious - so precious that it must be rationed.
- The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
- Give us the child for eight years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.
- No amount of political freedom will satisfy the hungry masses.
We do not want a repeat of past mistakes. That is why I added this pages to my site.
Return to "What is the Communism?" page
Visit "The Third Way" for refreshing your mind
Return from "Lenin" to Home page
Read a fragment from "The Escape - Confession of a Refugee"